The website www.ageguess.org is hosted in France, therefore the following rules shall apply. In accordance with the article 6 of the law no. 2004-575 of June 21st 2004 for confidence on digital economy (LCEN), users of the website www.ageguess.org are informed of the identity of the several stakeholders which partake in its realization and monitoring:
- Editing Directors
- Dr. Ulrich Steiner, Associate Professor
Institute of Biology and Max Planck
Odense Center on the Biodemography of Aging, MaxO
University of Southern Denmark
5230 ODENSE M
- Dr. Dusan Misevic
Laboratory of Evolutive & Medical Molecular Genetic
Inserm U1001, 6nd floor
Medicine Faculty, site Cochin Port-Royal
24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques
- JV conseil - Internet Consulting
2 rue de la Grande Pièce
78860 SAINT NOM-LA-BRETÈCHE
- Hosting services
- OVH SAS
2 rue Kellermann
- The use of the website www.ageguess.org implies the full acceptance of the general conditions written as follow. These conditions of use are likely to be modified or completed at all times, the users of the website www.ageguess.org are thus welcome to check it out on a regular basis.
- The website www.ageguess.org is normally accessible to the user at any time. An interruption for technical maintenance reasons can however be decided by AgeGuess, which will strive to communicate beforehand to the users the date and hour of the intervention.
- The legal notices can be modified at any time: they however impose themselves to the user who is invited to refer to it as much as possible in order to acknowledge it.
- Handling of personal data
- The website www.ageguess.org has been declared with the French Data Protection Authority, Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), authorisation numbers: 1800921v0 and 1800944v0.
In France, personal data is notably protected by the law n° 78-17 of January 6th, 1978, the law n° 2004-801 of August 6th, 2004, the article 226-13 of the Penal code and the European Directive of October 24th, 1995.
During the use of the website www.ageguess.org, the following data may notably be collected: the URL address of the links through which the user reached the website, the internet provider of the user and the address of Internet protocol (IP) of the user.
Anyhow, the website www.ageguess.org only collects personal data of the user for the needs of some of the services offered by the website. The user provides this information in full knowledge of it, especially when she / he enters the data himself / herself.
Data bases are protected by the provisions of the law of 1 July 1998 transposing the European Directive 96/9 of 11 March 1996 relative to the legal protection of data bases.
- French "Informatique, Fichiers et Libertés" legislation and protection of personal data
- The website users are required to comply with the provisions of the French "Informatique, Fichiers et Libertés" legislation for personal privacy protection, any breach of which may be punished as a criminal offence. They shall, in particular, regarding the personal information to which they have access, abstain from any data collection, fraudulent use and, in general, any act that could harm people's private lives or reputations.
- Right to access, modify, correct and delete your personal data
- In accordance with the provisions of articles 38 and following of the Law n° 78-17 of 6 January 1978, all users have the right to access, rectify or challenge any personal data about them. You may exercise this right by contacting us in writing an email at the following address, stating your full name and address: contact (-at-) ageguess.org.
Messages sent over the Internet can be intercepted. Do not disclose sensitive personal information. If you want to provide us with confidential information, we advise you to use the postal service.
- Description of the services proposed
- The website www.ageguess.org is a simple on-line game in which you can post your photos, have other people guess your age, as well as guess the age of other users.
- AgeGuess attempts to give, thanks to the website www.ageguess.org information as accurate as possible. However, it won’t be blamed for any omissions, inaccuracies or deficiencies in the update, whether it is the cause or it is a third partner that provided it with information.
- All the information indicated on the website www.ageguess.org are given for guidance, and are likely to evolve. Moreover, the information available on the website www.ageguess.org are not complete. They are subject to modification.
- Contractual limitations on the technical data
- The website www.ageguess.org cannot be held responsible for damage arising from the use of the website. In addition, the website user agrees to access the website using the latest equipment, not containing any virus and with an updated last-generation browser.
- Intellectual property and counterfeiting
- AgeGuess owns the intellectual property rights. In other words, it owns the rights to use all the items available on the website, including text, images, graphics, logos, icons, sounds and software.
- Any reproduction, modification, publication, adaptation of all or part of the webiste, regardless of the means or process, is prohibited without the prior written permission of AgeGuess.
- Any unauthorized use of the website www.ageguess.org or any of its materials will be considered as an infringement and prosecuted in accordance with the articles L.335-2 and following of the Intellectual Property Code.
- Limitations of liability
- The pages of the website www.ageguess.org could provide links to other sites or make references to other sites. AgeGuess does not guarantee the content of these other sites and can not be held liable for damages resulting from the use of content from these sites. The links to other sites are provided only for the convenience of users of the website www.ageguess.org. AgeGuess shall not be responsible for the existence and availability of links from other websites to its website.
- AgeGuess cannot be held responsible for direct and indirect damages to the user’s equipment when accessing the website www.ageguess.org, and resulting from the use of equipment not meeting the specifications of section, or the appearance of a bug or incompatibility.
- AgeGuess shall not be responsible for consequential damages (such as a loss of market or loss of opportunity) arising from the use of the website www.ageguess.org.
- HyperText links and cookies
- The website www.ageguess.org contains a number of hypertext links to other websites, set up with the permission of AgeGuess. However, AgeGuess does not have the possibility to check the content of the websites visited, and assumes no responsibility therefore accordingly.
Browsing the website www.ageguess.org may cause the set-up of cookie(s) on the user’s computer. A cookie is a small sized file which records information about the navigation of a computer on a website. The data obtained are intended to facilitate the next browsing on the same website, and also enable various measures of attendance.
- On Internet Explorer: tool tab (cog shaped pictogram on the top right) / Internet Options. Click Privacy and select Block All Cookies. Press Ok
- On Firefox: on the top of the browser window, click the Firefox button, then go to the Options tab. Click the Privacy tab.
- Set the conservation’s rules on: Use custom settings for history. Finally uncheck it to disable cookies.
- On Safari: Click on the top right of the browser on the icon menu (represented by a wheel). Select Settings. Click Show Advanced Settings. In the “Privacy” section, click Content settings. In the “Cookies” section, you can block cookies.
- On Chrome: Click on the upper right of the browser on the icon menu (represented by three horizontal lines). Select Settings. Click Show Advanced Settings. In the “Privacy” section, click Settings. In the “Privacy” tab, you can block cookies.
- Google Analytics disclaimer
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Any dispute in connection with the use of the website www.ageguess.org is subject to French law. It shall be given exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of Paris, France.
Law No. 78-87 of January 6th 1978, including as amended by Act No. 2004-801 of August 6th 2004 related to data, files and freedoms.
Law No. 2004-575 of June 21st 2004 on confidence in the digital economy (LCEN).
- Non-sale of the customer file
- AgeGuess is the sole recipient of the personal data and will not sell its users file.
- For any information, contact us at contact (-at-) ageguess.org. Thanking you for your interest in our website, we wish you enjoyable browsing.
- User: Connected internet user, using the website above mentioned.
Personal data: “information that allows, regardless of its form, directly or not, the identification of the physical persons to whom they apply to” (article 4 of the law n° 78-17 of January 6th, 1978).